The technical experts of FIBA have worked on the FIBA rule book and presented a simplified and shorter version of the official FIBA rulebook with a total 50 articles and with all basketball equipment descriptions been moved to the Appendix. Some changes were made to the existing playing rules of which the most important are the following:
- Player substitution is allowed for both teams after a violation
- 12 players are allowed for all games
- Two digit numbers can be used on game uniforms for national competitions (1-99), for FIBA competitions the numbers 4 - 15 will be used.
- Two unsportsmanlike fouls of one player will result in a disqualification of that player.
- When a player falls down to fake a foul he will receive a technical foul.
- Technical Foul will be sanctioned with two free throws followed by ball possession.